Wednesday, July 30, 2014

app happy impatients

This weeks post is a summary of what I did and what I learned. As a beginner I am learning not only how to use the apps but also which results are pleasing to me. There is a tendency to try "everything" yet this week I learned less can in deed be more.

Original image taken on an iPad in the backyard. It is dark and blurred.


I began by trying two apps, Brushstroke using style "simple 3" and Mexture "frozen" with a normal blend mode.  I chose to continue the processing using the Brushstroke version but upon completion I wish I had used the Mexture version as it offered a more detailed image.

Brushstroke

Mexture

The Brushstroke version went into app Repix and i painted on cracks and a few Bokeh effects. This was saved and then it went into Snapseed where it was cropped and a tilt shift effect applied. The next stage was Mexture where i used two or three layers and various textures which unfortunately I failed to write down.

The process was finished in Snapseed where a frame was added.

Final Result

What I learned - I like more detail than I ended up with, I lost the edges of the leaves and flowers which I feel detracts from the impact of the image. I also learned when using Repix adding only one effect as a beginner is a good idea as two was a bit too much for my tastes and skill level.

Once again click to enlarge images as I have not figured out how to add them so they show up full sized.

Keeping With The Times






5 comments:

  1. Hi Judy! I really like your first edit with Brushstroke - what a difference it made to the original photo - much improved I think! Thank you so much for sharing your process and for playing along with "app" happy wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you liked the Mextures result better -- I like the bit more detail too - but I also like that it left more contrast in the image. Although your final image is stunning! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it all depends on the image I love the washed look ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy,
    This is ever so instructive. Love being able to see your sequence in the lightbox. [Good old blogspot!].
    And what a transformation. Really enjoyed this.Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how it turned out. I'd be glad to give you some tips and help with any questions.

    ReplyDelete