Sunday, July 20, 2014

App Envy

Ever since Barb at Keeping Up with the Times began her weekly link up feature, "app" happy wednesday, I have been suffering from "app envy." Barb is providing a platform for lovers of photo editing apps used with iPhones/iPads to share their creations. The link ups have provided not only an  education but also inspiration which left me saying, "I would love to try that."

Well I finally gave in to this desire and now have an iPad and a growing library of photo editing apps. As a beginner I mostly just play and experiment but even with limited knowledge and experience I've gotten some stunning results.

So here is one of my first attempts, a very basic, one step edit using Glaze with word art and frame by Anna Aspnes added via Photoshop Elements 12. The photo itself is from the photo sharing site Pixabay which has high quality public domain images.  Click to enlarge and see more detail.







Keeping With The Times




11 comments:

  1. Glaze is a pretty cool app. I've seen people use it with others. I haven't tried that tho. Love your presentation. This addiction is only the beginning… LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roxi, you sure are right about the addictive nature of this, now instead of just one copy of a photo I end with twelve!!!

      Delete
  2. lovely effect. It would be nice to see the original as wejl for comarison.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I will remember that tip for next time and will also include the before.

      Delete
  3. very nice. I like the glaze effect and may look into getting it for my phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your user name and thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  4. Hi Judy,
    I love your editing! It looks both colourful, soft and playful at the same time! I look forward of seeing what you create next week ...
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love this! Glaze is one of my favorites and it works so well with this image. And you're so right in your comment to Roxi -- app stacking does fill up your camera roll super fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it amazing what a few phone apps can do?! Instant art at our fingertips! I really love the bright pop of colour - perfect for spices! Thank you so much for joining in with "app" happy wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well! This is so pretty ... it needs to be hanging on your kitchen wall. I can see it as a beautiful canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have to check out Glaze...I'm still new to the ios apps so always on the look out for new ones!

    ReplyDelete